Grad Ed Toolkit
COGA Workshops - Please click on the links below to access presentation materials from COGA's past workshops for department staff. If you would like to attend a future workshop, please RSVP to email@example.com.
- October 4th (2-3 pm, English Room, KS Union) – Comp and Final Exams
- November 4th (1-2 pm, English Room, KS Union) - Helping Your Students Through the Graduation Process
- January 14th (1 - 2 pm, English Room, KS Union) - Helping Your Students With Enrollment Changes
- February 7th (1-2 pm, Pine Room, KS Union) - Understanding the Petition Process
- March 4th (3:30 - 4:30, Alderson, KS Union) - Helping Your Students Through the Graduation Process
- April 7th (2 - 3 pm, Pine Room, KS Union) - Tracking Student Progress To Degree (and Beyond)
Promising Practices is a succinct list of successful mentoring practices from the Council of Graduate Schools' PhD Completion Project. We will use this report as a guide to provide resources targeted to the following areas:
Graduate Student Orientation Programs - coming soon!
Graduate Student Handbooks - coming soon!
Tracking Student Progress
Example: Student Progress To Degree
Template: Student Progress to Degree
Template: Student Contact Log
Mentoring and Advising
Template: Mentoring Agreement
Portfolio, Thesis & Dissertation - coming soon!
Professional Development & Careers
Template: Alumni Tracking
Example: KU Slavic Languages and Literatures (Alternative Careers under Professionalization tab)