Main enrollment starts right after fall and spring break. Below you will find information about the enrollment holds that may be placed on your record related to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.  Additional information can be found on the Office of the University Registrar's website.

Enrollment Holds

Advising: Welcome (ADV_WELC)

All new students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences receive this hold during their first semester.  We want students to meet with their assigned advisors to help set advising expectations. Students should continue to learn about their Degree Progress Report, Schedule of Classes and plan for at least the next semester. 

How to remove:  Read your academic notice and meet with your assigned advisor.

Advising: Crossroads (ADV_CSRD)

Admission into your program of choice is essential to being successful at KU.  Students that have not been admitted into a major or school will receive this hold once they achieve 45 hours and again if they have not been admitted at 75 hours. 

How to remove:  Read your academic notice and gain admission into your school/major of choice or meet with an advisor to discuss admission requirements. 

If you are unable to be admitted at this time or are undecided about your academic path you will need to meet with an advisor in the program you are hoping to enter or your assigned academic advisor.  You may need to bring proof of your meeting to 109 Strong Hall for the hold to be removed if your advisor is unable to remove it.

Advising: Concern Zone (ADV_CONZ)

Students that are not meeting academic milestones such as completion of 30 hours at KU during their first year or have a KU cumulative GPA below a 2.00 are required to meet with their assigned advisor to discuss their academic progress and plan for future success.

How to remove:  Read your academic notice and meet with your assigned advisor.

Advising: Department Hold (ADV_CDPT)

Not all students will receive this hold.  It is reserved for students that are pursuing a major in a specific department that require a meeting for curriculum purposes.

How to remove:  Read your academic notice and follow the instructions listed within the academic notice.

Advising: Graduation (ADV_GRAD)

Students with 75 or more hours will receive this hold to help prepare for the senior year and eventual graduation.  Students will only receive this hold once provided they complete the required assessment.

How to remove:  Read your academic notice and fill out the enclosed Degree Progress Assessment by clicking on the blue button within the academic notice. 

You will need to have a recent Degree Progress Report (DPR) to help you answer questions about your academic progress.  The assessment should take ten to fifteen minutes.  At the end of the assessment you will be given instructions as to your next steps.  Most students will have their hold removed within two business days but some students will be instructed to meet with their graduation advisor.

School of the Arts (ARTS)

Students admitted into the School of the Arts will receive this hold at the discretion of the School of the Arts.  The hold is placed to help students progress towards degree completion.

How to remove:  Read your academic notice and meet with your department faculty advisor or assigned School of the Arts advisor.

Probation (PRB)

All students that are placed on probation or are continuing on probation must meet with their assigned advisor to fill out an Academic Action Plan.

How to remove:  Schedule an appointment with your assigned advisor to fill out your Academic Action Plan. 

After completing the Academic Action Plan with your advisor your enrollment hold will be removed within two business days.

Enrollment Hold Information Outside of the College

Complete list of holds

Student Account Services Holds

Watkins Health Services Holds

Parking Ticket Information (PKL Hold)

Mandatory Alcohol Education (ALC Hold) - How to complete course information

Mandatory Sexual Harassment Training - How to complete course information

Enrollment Resources

Major Marketplace

Cool Classes

Schedule of Classes

How to run a Degree Progress Report (DPR)

How to read an Academic Notice

How to find Assigned Advisor



Connect with the College

Student Academic Services
(785) 864-3500
Staff Profiles

College Undergraduate Newsletter
Home to 50+ departments, centers, and programs, the School of the Arts, and the School of Public Affairs and Administration
KU offers courses in 40 languages
No. 1 ranking in city management and urban policy —U.S. News and World Report
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times